Making an Immediate Positive Impact on Educational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Join Gale for an insightful and action-oriented discussion with three leaders at the forefront of a nationwide movement towards equal access, equal opportunity education:
• Marisol Rerucha, Director of Culture & Community, Dave Burgess Consulting; Chief of Partnerships and Strategy, National Parents Union; Consultant, The Core Collaborative
• Alexs Pate, President and CEO, Innocent Technologies, New York Times Bestselling Author
• David Chard, PhD, President, Boston University, Wheelock School of Education
Questions we’ll answer during the session to empower you in your unique and essential role in providing equal access, equal opportunity education, and high levels of learning for all students:
1. How can librarians and educators be advocates and activists from within the systems they’re trying to change?
2. What does social justice work look like for library and education professionals in the aftermath of a divisive election and in the midst of the pressures created by the pandemic?
3. How can they take care of themselves throughout the process?